Music | Aroma | Fresh Air
Pause | Refuel | Hydrate
Prepare to declutter! Before you get rolling, get energized. Whenever you need a quick pick-me-up, take another roll to revive yourself.
The right tune has the power to release neurochemicals that uplift your mood, lower stress hormones, and get you in the decluttering zone!
Try this playlist Click here.
Music on your phone
Create a sense of calm with scents like lavender and citrus. To feel more energized, get a quick boost with scents like peppermint, eucalyptus or freshly brewed coffee!
Did you know studies show that menthol in peppermint activates your brain?
- 75% of all emotions generated each day are due to smell?
Getting out for a walk or opening a window produces happy hormones, lowers your blood pressure, and even sharpens your focus before you dive into a task.
- If opening windows isn’t an option, take a step outside and take three deep breaths.
- Fresh air can help promote the production of serotonin, allowing us to feel happier and less anxious.
Take a mindful pause to recharge. Whether it’s a few intentional breaths or a 5-minute stretch, taking time to reconnect with your decluttering goals can motivate you to see a project through! “Reconnect with your body”
- Discover free programming & resources that the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center has for Mindfulness.
- 1,001 Ways to Slow Down: A little book of everyday calm by Barbara Ann Kipfer. Book link here.
- Insight Timer is my favorite for meditation, yoga and more.
Friends don’t let friends declutter hangry! Our organizing fuel of choice: apples, cheese, cut veggies, and high protein foods like nuts.
- I have Balanced Breaks at the ready when I need some energy!
- 15 best power snacks, according to Skinny Ms. are found here.
One of the easiest ways to improve your mood and kick your productivity up a notch is to chug a glass of water. Rehydrate and feel your nerves take a big sigh of relief!
- Did you know water affects brain function? 75% of the brain’s mass is water!
- This water bottle may help stay on track or add some measurements to your own bottle with handy dandy sharpie!
Revive | Action | Paper
Number | Area | Reward